Tuesday, August 18, 2015

cure for the common cold: pho?



being sick really blows.
but what really really blows is being sick during a DC heat wave.

one of the worst feelings- feeling sweaty, achey, and congested, while stuck on a wmata metro car with no AC.

i crawled home after work, and immediately knew i had to get some pho to beat this cold of mine.

i called my FSIL (future sister-in-law) and met her in old town, alexandria at caphe banh mi.

we ordered summer rolls, bowls of pho, and boba drinks.

the pho was ok. i don't know if it didn't taste amazing because i am sick, or if it was just meh regardless of my cold. i ordered pho with rib eye and fatty brisket. my rib eye was good, but the fatty brisket was more like just fat. where was the brisket meat?!
my FSIL ordered pho with 2 orders of meatballs, but the meatballs were very scarce. there were only two in the entire bowl.

maybe i'm a strict critic when i am feeling under the weather. the food just didn't hit the spot.

our boba drinks were 60% ice and 40% drink. i liked my honeydew flavored boba but my FSIL wasn't a huge fan of the thai iced tea. for $5 a glass, i wished they put less ice and more boba drink.

the summer rolls were tasty, but again not amazing.

give me some sudafed and...good night.
btw- mishka is sick too. he got his benadryl and is passed out next to me.

my poor baby. he has allergies and open infected wounds on his back. gave him his pills and he is passed out.

-mai

pho was meh. fatty brisket was not brisket, just fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment