Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Day with a case of the tiraMAIsu

This year, T and I decided to have a low-key Valentine's Day. We planned for a chill weekend, but didnt expect the temperatures to be extremely chilling.

Freezing temperatures with Artic chilling winds called for a cozy stay-at-home weekend with my boys (...yes, Mishka is a boy).

As a couple striving for an egalitarian marriage, we decided to stay in our unisex sweat pants and share the responsibilities of preparing our special Valentine's Day meal.

T took the responsibility of planning and preparing our main course, while I took charge of the dessert.

For dessert, I decided to challenge myself and make one of my favorites... tiramisu! 

I LOVE tiramisu. Whenever I walk past the cake section at Whole Foods, I always get the case of the "tiraMAIsu". All of my self-will immediately disappears as soon as I see it, and I cave in- Always  buying a slice. Yes, I spend all my money and calories on this addiction.

As addicted as I am with Whole Foods' tiramisu, I never ever attempted to make it.
I was always intrigued but never bothered to make tiramisu because I thought it was a complicated dessert that only Italian chefs could master.

Well... well, just my luck. I found this recipe by Chef Giada de Laurentiis and it was surprisingly super easy to follow.

I easily whipped it up while Tom was in the shower. It only took me 20 minutes!
It actually took me longer to find a pack of lady fingers at the grocery store than to make the entire dish.

Try it sometime- Here is the recipe by Giada de Laurentiis.

Time to make some mishka...I meant tiramisu!
It took forever to find a pack of lady fingers! 
Whipping up the heavenly mascarpone cheese, with a red (appropriate with the Italian theme) stand mixer.
Making espresso the Italian way!
Dipping the lady fingers in the espresso-rum mixture. key is to not soak it for too long.
WALA! recovered from a case of the tiraMAIsu (note to self- need to get a sifter. too much cocoa powder)

Happy Valentine's Day!

-mai

UPDATE- T loved the tiramisu! It was a success! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment