Tuesday, November 24, 2015

KAUAI: home is where the belly is... (part 2)

Home is where the belly is...

...a full stomache makes for a happy heart. My opu tends to get bigger every time I go home. Mom's homemade cooking, dad's sushi, local grinds... you name it. Here are a few more pictures of our time on paradise: 


My favorite beach in the world. Polihale at sunset. Quality time spent with my brother and his pup, Momoko. We jumped over crashing waves and watched the sunset. The stars were so beautiful- We even saw the Milky Way. I love memories like this. 


Photo taken by my best friend, Hokulani Photography
T and I made a colorful brunch for my family. "You are what you eat" or what you are is what you eat? My family is full of life and color. This spread captures my beautiful ohana.
TegeTege shave ice in Kapaa, HI. a truck stand that makes delicious, natural fruit shave ice. Once you go TegeTege, you cant eat any other shave ice. Pitaya, Dragon Fruit, with homemade vanilla icecream was a favorite of mine.

Palms dancing in the tradewinds.
A local favorite, Pono Market, makes my belly happy. poke bowls!
Sunset engagement photo shoot by my brother at my favorite beach.
This is what came back to DC with me. My stash of portugese sausage! Yes, they are frozen and stored safely in my freezer. I will cook them only for special occasions. 
-mai

Mishka's commentary
I want a bite of that portugese sausage! I have been trying to open the freezer when mai isnt home but I can't seem to reach the handle! HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment